thank you, yao ming

所有跟贴 加跟贴 太浩湖

送交者: cruiser 于 June 29, 2009 at 19:13:30:

i am proud to say that i am one of the few fans who really care about you. yes, very few.

there might be zillions of chinese fans who root for you when you set foot on the court, but very few really care you as a person. they just see you as a symbol, to such an extent that they most times don't even realize you are still just a human being, you may be 7'6" and 300 pounds, but you are still a human being.

oh, my, only when i really saw you on the court did i realize how tough it takes to be a basketball center, especially who always get opponents utmost attention. how many times you were shoved, scratched, checked, bumped, and pushed. if not for that court, it's easy to mistake you were in a boxing or wrestling duel, only this was a much much longer one. 82 tortures within less than half a year, not to mention post season and china national team duties.

i don't know much about basketball rules ( i don't even care it except when you are playing), but every time i saw you stumbled, staggered, lost the ball (you were among the top leaders in TO category almost every season), i didn't htink you were being soft (a frequent label on you) or inconsistent, instead i couldn't help feeling opponents somewhat illegally touched, robbed you. only most times umpires had no sympathy for you. maybe like many fans, they compared you to shaq and used "shaq rule" on you. it's original sin being a big guy center.

when you first touched nba, frankly i diidn't expect much from you, i don't think many did. the general view was you would be somewhat more successful than wang zhizhi, but not much, that's it, in fac tat that time wang was still the highest regarded player from china.

oh how wrong i were, but i wasn't alone, millions chinese fans got a lovely surprise. for this we all owe you a big thank-you. what i don't understand is how quickly many fans could quickly forget you are still a human being, they just demand you play at higher and higher level, up to shaq, as thought in most's heads.

thye conveniently forgot the body anatomy difference between an asian and a balck, forgot dragging a gigantic body back and forth quickly requiring how much efforts, and hearts. actually i was more concerned with oyur heart than your feet. whenver you set another eye-catching set of stats, i couldn't help worrying about your health, how far could you still go like that, i always wonder. i never took all your achievements for granted ( i would like yo remind so many fans this gain, you are not a machine).

it might be because blacks domniating basketball theory deeply in my head, i always took your success as another lovely surprise and more concerns. even a great wall had time-limited warranty against endelss body confrontations, how many more bumps could you take while still standing tall.

the 1st foot injury came as no surpsrise to me, i was already susspecting you were at the downhill of your career. maybe you should chnaged your role to be more like cleveland's big z or the great sabonis, your idol, in his late career, moving to high post more often. but your ambition, pride, fnas' expectations wouldn't allow that.

i don't know how many fans are going to react to this tragic news, but for me i jsut want to say:

thank you, yao ming. you gave us your all. there shouldn't be any regret.

所有跟贴:

加跟贴 删除上传文件

笔名:            密码:     注册笔名

标题:

内容(可有可无):
BBCode使用说明

网页链接(可选):
地址:
名称:

多媒体文件链接(可选):
文件1: 图象 音乐 视频 其他
文件2: 图象 音乐 视频 其他